Pages

Friday, September 07, 2007

Tagged by Diane!

Tagged by Diane for 8 things about me (almost three months back). Diane's Faith in Community blog

8 Things about Diane

I've Been Tagged—by Diane; here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. In the interest of getting this posted, I'm going to wait on this and notify people over the next few days. So many people have played, it's going to take some searching, though some folks might not be adverse to playing again.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Like wine or cheese or accounts payable, this blog has been aging for a while; I sort of hoped my thoughts would mature (like wine, cheese, or…) but after all, it's only supposed to be a modest number of things, EIGHT! (no, not multiply factorial; the !!!'s are for rhetorical emphasis.)

1. Diane began her list by telling us she's left-handed; I started out left-handed, but that kindergarten teacher tied a green string on the right wrist of each of the kids who weren't writing as righties. Happily, like many lefties, I was somewhat ambidextrous, and these days I'm quite right-handed.

2. In that long-ago but often still almost present today past, I wanted to be a social worker so I could help save my corner of the world.

3. I have a Real Name TM attribution on Amazon.

4. I wear silver jewelry almost exclusively

5. I have 5 piercings in my right ear and 3 in my left

6. My two all-time favorite jobs were about food:
1.) an unpaid volunteer job writing restaurant reviews for the local radical rag—I've blogged a bunch of those restaurant reviews for safekeeping, but won't link to them right now.

2) working as a line chef for a high-end, just short of gourmet restaurant.
7. I never wear a cross any more—if anyone comments (and sometimes they do) I tell them "I'm too much a a Calvinist to wear a cross," but in real life my theology is at least as much Luther as it is Calvin; I say I'm Reformationish to the core. Though I have a bunch of beautiful crosses I used to wear with my alb, these days I usually preach in street clothes because it's a vernacular word, but then again I've been rethinking that practice because wearing a robe accentuates the preacher's role in speaking a Word of Life and in terms of leadership, to some extent obliterates the individuality and uniqueness of people in worship leadership (in a good way), whether pastor, liturgist, lector, preacher, choir or other musicians.

8. I LoVe, love, LOVE cities!

Okay, over the next couple days I'm going to try to find a few people who haven't played and tag them…

1 comment:

Diane M. Roth said...

thanks Leah Sophia! I am not exclusive, but love silver too! I stopped wearing my crosses because the chains all broke. hmmm. fascinating 8 things! thanks!