Pages

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Five: Whatcha doin'?

Whatcha doin' for this Friday Five

According to ReverendMother,
Well friends, this is one of those weeks when I simply must work today, which is normally my day off. I know, I know. We may tut-tut all we want, but the fact is, some weeks are like that. So, this week's F5 is simple.

Name five things you plan to do today.

Bonus: If today is about "have-to" for you as well, share up to five things you'd like to be doing today.
My real today is both mundane and heavenly; in short:
  1. More or less finishing and emailing to the church the handouts for Class #4 in the Theology of the Cross series I've been teaching;
  2. Making notes for the presentation about my graphic design I'll be doing this evening—yesterday I burned ("Authored" is the technical term) a DVD to go with my presentation; a Quilter and a Photographer will round out the creative evening, all in the context of the program that accompanies a monthly potluck I often attend;
  3. Since historically Friday has been my day off (though in reality it hasn't been happening for what feels like forever), I hope to take an hour for a special lunch before continuing with:
  4. The dreaded Friday afternoon piano and organ practice session for the church where I'm still one of the pair of interim keyboard persons;
  5. Actual presentation about suntreeriver [persistent biblical images!] design (that's me), in which I'll display some of favorite finished work and projects in process and describe some of the ways I imagine a New Creation in my design and in my more formal theology.
Yearning for another time and place, I'm thinking through Possibility Day at the Beach, but don't have time to blog it right now.

4 comments:

Sr. Heather said...

Sounds like a productive and life-affirming day. Peace be with you!

Anonymous said...

#5 sounds intriguing, hope it goes well.

Sally said...

prayers that you get that time at the beach soon

leah said...

Thanks, all--I'm just back from dinner and my presentation, which went very well. Sally, I need to schedule a few hours at the beach before Holy Week (my ideal is about 10 days away), which should be possible since I live in San Diego!