According to Songbird,
My mother loved figs.I'd hoped today's Friday 5 would give me some fodder for my theology blog, but this one clearly is a matter of testimony, so I'm playing on this far by faith. Here goes my Heretical Friday 5, plus today I'm not exactly following the rules, since three of mine are negative to positive and only two the suggested (or maybe that's "requested") positive to negative:
I only like them in a Newton.
It's all a matter of taste.
Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like. This could be food, movies, hobbies, music, sports or whatever springs to mind.
- Coca-Cola - I love Diet Coke, though I don't like the over-sweetness or the calories of regular Coke or even the Passover version made with sugar rather than corn syrup; my late grandmother – with whom I shared many tastes and preferences – detested any Coke product, claiming it tasted "like medicine."
- For a generic reverse example, I loathe the color pink, which most women seem to like, either as an icon of being a woman or as whatever. Of course I totally support the Breast Cancer Campaign, but cannot and will not be caught with any of its related paraphernalia or memorabilia or ephemera, since it's all pink.
- For another generic reversal, in general I don't care for chocolate; countless times eating any form of chocolate in the evening has caused me to wake up with a migraine the next morning, so I tend to cringe and shudder whenever I see anything chocolate.
- Here's another reverse one! Most people seem to love the song "Amazing Grace!!!" As I always explain to people, "No theology and no Christology!" One person rejoined with, "At least a little soteriology..." to which I had to reply, "Disembodied soteriology? There's no such thing!"
- Finally ending with a specific positive: I love love love LOVE love Photoshop!!! Carla, my close friend who lives in Tucson, hates it, calls it "a liar" and won't even look at the artistic stuff I do in Photoshop.