With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently. So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:
1. Book - none in particular, at least recently.
2. Film - none, actually; I rarely watch films unless forced to do so, though I've almost decided to begin attending the monthly Theological Theatre film with discussion at a nearby church.
3. Song - the beauty, elegance and poignancy of Phil Collins' "Everyday"
4. Another person - more a group of people that includes myself: the Sunday bible study group I've often met with and frequently taught over these past few years has revealed where I am continues to be part of God's current call to me at the same time I've realized my extreme patience with a couple of people in the group I'd call plenary inspirationists has been paying off, as they're beginning to realize a critical reading of scripture threatens no one, least of all God.
5. Creation - the desert again! my recent trip to Tucson...
Today I'll pass on the bonus in the interest of getting this posted, but Sally's question, "share something encouraging/ amazing/ humbling that has happened to you recently!" would make a great separate blog for another time, maybe next week or so.