moving is today's revgals' friday 5
from Mother Laura, this 5 so resonates with me:
1. According to my quick count, I've moved about 23 times so far, with the last time in September 2000.
2. I enjoy the necessity of sorting through, giving away, throwing away and organizing stuff and I love needing to acquiring a few new essentials and optionals when I get to my new place; for the most part I hate packing.
3. Locally I've always moved myself and/or with the help of friends, but from one section of the country to another I've hired actual professional movers.
4. For both surviving and thriving during a move, you gotta assume a sense of high adventure and enjoy the thrill of the unknown; on a practical level, eat as healthily as possible and try your best to get enough sleep on whatever bed, couch or floor near enough to crash on.
5. At this time I'm still praying and attempting to assume the spiritual and physical move of walking out onto the water and in faith hoping to land on the Rock Who is Christ; for a more visible outer move (again!) I'm considering returning to City of History before long.
Bonus: right now I can't recall a poem, song, book or film, so for what moving means to me I've chosen Genesis 12:1 - "Go...to the land that I will show you..." knowing all the promises of God are accomplished in Jesus Christ.