- 6 thick pork chops
- 1 or 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 or 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
2. Cover with onions and mushrooms. Cover with mixture of sour cream, yogurt, seasonings and wine. Turn chops over, so both sides are covered with sauce. Cover with lid or foil and bake about 1 hour @ 375 degrees, or until chops are tender. Serve over rice, with a dash of paprika for color. Makes 6 servings.
from the Boston Sunday Herald Traveler—must have been centuries ago...well, at least during the last century just past!