this far by faith: Friday Five Dental Edition, by ReverendMother:
1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices? Or, do you go
a) faithfully, as long as you have insurance, or
b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not, or
c) dentist? what is this "dentist" thing you speak of?
Used to be a), no matter what (probably didn't inherit exactly great teeth, and given that my first trip to the dentist happened in late 3rd grade, those trips were essentials), although I had dental insurance only for a short spell; this days...well, whenever I think I maybe have a few extra $$$, like a lot of residents of this state of Alta California, I head south to Tijuana, in the state of Baja California.
2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
Still have three of them, unlike a one-time colleague who had "all 8" of his extracted on the same day!
3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
Nothing much—never have liked chewy sweets that tend to stick in your teeth, so I'll mention I do like ultra-rich high end desserts, and since I don't usually have an opportunity to brush immediately afterwards, that qualifies as a BAAAAAAAAD (that could be worse).
4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
Not technically, I guess—just a bunch of crowns.
5. "I'd rather have a root canal than eat lima beans." Hey, not really! It's relatively early and my imagination's not yet in high gear!
Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
None ever have.