Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday 5 Tourist Edition

Over on the RevGals, Reverendmother blogged,
I am downtown on retreat this week. Most of the retreatants are from out of town, so I get to experience this place through the eyes of visitors,
and asked these extremely appealing five:

In the spirit of tourism:


1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? (you can be vague to preserve your anonymity if you like)

If they're willing, Tijuana—I love visiting TJ! Then, the obligatory trinity: SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.

2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?

In an actual city, it's crammin' time, but if I've been there before I'll revisit my favorites besides taking in a few unfamiliar ones. When I'm visiting a more rural or bucolic area such as beach, desert or mountains, I *try hard* to relax and be relatively slow and easy.

3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?

Always the museums, places where history happened and characteristic food; when I'll be there on a Sunday deciding where I'll worship is an important challenge, and given a choice, I try to find a church that has an outstanding organ and music program. I guess that means I stay stuck in the Protestant and Roman Catholic mainline?!!

4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?

I enjoy planning my own semi-random, partly-intentional itinerary, though admittedly there have many a few times I've returned home and discovered that way I've omitted a few choice spots.

5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?

Compulsively clean clothes, and an extensive choice thereof.

No comments: